Recipe: Morning Glory Muffins I
Summary: “This muffin has a little bit of everything – carrots, raisins, apple butter, wheat germ, nuts. A perfect start for your day!”
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 apple – peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly oil 18 muffin cups, or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, apple butter, oil and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, stir together flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in carrots, apples and raisins. Stir in apple butter mixture until just moistened. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts and wheat germ; sprinkle over the muffin tops.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and spring back when lightly pressed.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 18
Video Of Morning Glory Muffins I
Visit my blog at www.overthekitchencounter.com for more ideas on cooking and crafts! These muffins are brimming with the tropical tastes of ginger, allspice, and pineapple! There are quite a few ingredients but they are not difficult to make and totally worth the effort! 1-1/2 cups flour 1 tsp each of baking powder & baking soda 1/2 tsp each of salt and cinnamon 1/4 tsp nutmeg generous pinches of ginger and allspice 3/4 cup brown sugar 1 egg 1/2 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt 1/4 cup vegetable oil 1/2 tsp vanilla 3/4 cup drained crushed pineapple 3/4 cup finely grated carrots 1/2 cup raisins 1/2 cup chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans 400 degrees F, 20-25 minutes, yield 12 muffins
This is the complete list of Morning Glory Muffins I recipes, you can enjoy to practice the Morning Glory Muffins I recipes at your kitchen. All recipes below are gathered from various sources. We are just trying to make a list of the best Morning Glory Muffins I recipes. Please enjoy it, make your dinner more special for your family.
For more instructions, you can directly go to the original website.