Recipe: Grandma Johnson’s Scones
Summary: A basic scone recipe that really does the trick. Tried and tested through 3 generations of kids. Simply the best anywhere!”
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- In a small bowl, blend the sour cream and baking soda, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt. Cut in the butter. Stir the sour cream mixture and egg into the flour mixture until just moistened. Mix in the raisins.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. Roll or pat dough into a 3/4 inch thick round. Cut into 12 wedges, and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Video Of Breakfast Recipes- Johnson’s Scones
Banana pancakes are a great breakfast recipe. If you want to enjoy your Banana Pancakes Jack Johnson style, follow this recipe from Chef Jason Hill. This banana pancake recipe is completely homemade and tastes wonderful on a lazy weekend morning, topped with strawberries, whipped cream and maple syrup. You can easily substitute the whole wheat flour with all purpose flour if you dont have it in your pantry. Enjoy! Banana Pancakes 2 eggs 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup whole-wheat flour 2 cups milk or buttermilk 1/4 cup vegetable oil 2 tablespoons white sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or nutmeg) 2 ripe bananas, chopped into small pieces Garnish: Fresh strawberries, whipped cream and real maple syrup Mix dry ingredients and then stir in wet ingredients. Mix well, then let stand about 10 minutes to allow banana flavor to meld. Heat frying pan, spray with cooking spray and cook pancakes about 2 minutes on each side. Flip onto serving plate and enjoy with strawberries, whipped cream and real maple syrup. If you use a 1/2 cup batter for the pancakes, you will get about 8 to 10 large pancakes. If you use 1/4 cup of batter per pancake, you will get about 16 to 20 small pancakes.
This is the complete list of Breakfast Recipes- Johnson’s Scones recipes, you can enjoy to practice the Breakfast Recipes- Johnson’s Scones recipes at your kitchen. All recipes below are gathered from various sources. We are just trying to make a list of the best Breakfast Recipes- Johnson’s Scones recipes. Please enjoy it, make your dinner more special for your family.
For more instructions, you can directly go to the original website.